Wednesday

Spring



That magic thing has started to happen in the mornings... it is light even before the baby wakes. The difference in my bones when I'm pulling myself out of bed, in to a world that feels like it's opening up, compared to the utter bullshit-ness of heaving myself out and stumbling into darkened quiet, is deep and reasurring.

...

I had forgotten the places the light pools in the house; where the streams of light pour in making warm puddles where we can bask, pretending its warmer than it is and that everything is ok in the world.

Yesterday I went to hide. The day and the noise and the feelings were overwhelming me so I quietly, heavily, plodded to the bedroom. I had forgotten about the bedroom in spring. The golden light of sunset floods it with a warm magic that never ceases to stun me momentarily. I crawled in to the sliver of golden and looked out the window. The blue sky fading in to pink, then orange.

...

The toddler has learnt about the sky, now that she can see it. 'Sky!', she yells excitedly. 'Boo!' I push her on the swings and she stretches her arms out the the never-ending blueness above her, giddy in her joy. It's infectious.

...

There is light in the garden again. We only get sunshine there from March to September and it is back. For that one hour or so, most days we rush out to meet it. It's only partial sunshine, but there's enough to feel the earth wakening around us in it's presence. We have a bubble obsession going on right now, so we blow them up, up, up into the clear blue. SKY! Arla yells after them. And then FACE! when one unexpectedly lands on her. they sparkle and glow and then pop with a twinkling burst. The air is full of sunshine and laughter.  Even I can feel the magic.

...

Spring is here.








5 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Beyond lovely.

    And in all this the boy had lost so many teeth:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearest L. And yes, SO MANY TEETH!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Laura, just gorgeous. Thank fuck for spring. And the joy of children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are ridonculous. Sachy looks so little and then I notice the teeth and realise he's growing growing growing. Happy Spring Mumma x

    ReplyDelete