You know how they say 'Don't leave your child alone for a second'? It's true. Because in the space of that minute it just took you to go to the toilet, your child will have just found a bottle of nail varnish you didn't know you had, manage to open it, and pour it ALL OVER HIMSELF. He was fresh from the bath, might I add.
If you ever do find yourself in this situation though, I can prepare you with the following:
Do not panic and put him in the bath. Nail varnish hardens in water.
It will take you at least an hour to clean said child.
You will need something strong to drink after.
When you next see a bottle of nail varnish, even days after the event, you will have traumatic flashbacks.
He's fine by the way. And I can almost laugh about it now...
(Some of you may find the most disturbing thing about this post the fact that we don't currently own a corkscrew. I almost agree.)