Yesterday I turned 28. Here are some random thoughts about that, because,ya know, WHY NOT.
- Waking up to your son screaming 'I've done a POO POO' and knowing this will be your first act as a 28 year old is less than desirable.
- Eating homemade croissants with excess amounts of cheese for your birthday breakfast is, however, very desirable.
- No matter how old you are, the urge to scream 'BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!' whilst stomping, never goes away.
- Your 3 year will not give a shit when you scream 'BUT IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!' whilst stomping.
- Your 3 year old will refuse to believe its your birthday unless there are balloons. Nothing will change his mind.
- Cake FTW. Always and forever.
- Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to say 'Fuck it, I'll do what I want'. Yesterday that meant watching Wall-E at 10am.
- You will cry when watching Wall-E at 10am.
- You will also cry at the delight on your child's face at being swung around whilst dancing to Wall-E.
- There are definitely lines on your forehead that were not there the day before. When you were only 27.
- Your birthday just wouldn't be your birthday without a phone call from your Mum telling you about the day you were born. And you cry, again.
- Building a den is a brilliant birthday activity, regardless of age.
- Without very lovely friends and family, it don't mean a thing.
- On a similar note, marrying a guy who brings home steak, wine, flowers and bath treats and sweeps your 3 year old away for as long as you wish, is worth his weight in gold.
- You told yourself you didn't like 27 because PAH who does like uneven numbers? Today you realise it probably has more to do with moving closer to 30.
- Yay! You just got wiser! Being 28 totally paid off.
If you are also celebrating a birthday, only tell me if you're older than me ok? *Otherwise I'm not interested.
*joke. Sort of.